Digital Communications Manager | April 2012 – Current
Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Develop and implement creative digital marketing campaigns for all Burke Museum public-facing initiatives, including the New Burke Grand Opening, exhibit openings, events, and education programs.
- Manage all digital communications efforts, including social media, website, email marketing, online ticketing, online forms, and digital screens throughout the museum.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders (curators, scientists, artists, educators) to write, produce, and edit articles, photo essays, and videos about Burke research, news, and other initiatives.
- Craft strategic fundraising campaigns across all digital platforms, contributing to the success of a $1 million dollar community campaign for the New Burke.
- Serve as project manager for full redesign of burkemuseum.org — planning all aspects of the new website, serving as liaison among stakeholders, and creating the more than 1,100 pages to launch the new site on time and in budget.
- Manage a team including part-time Digital Communications Coordinator and student Digital Content Assistant.
- Designed web and print ads, event collateral, email campaigns, and other marketing materials.
- Planned and implemented successful advertising campaigns across traditional and digital media platforms.
- Project content coordinator, blog author, and assistant producer for the national QUEST Science project.
- Event planner for community events ranging from 50–800 attendees.
- Successfully grew social media followers by 30% and engagement rates by 200%.
Public Information Officer | June 2007 – August 2009
Stanwood-Camano School District
26920 Pioneer Hwy, Stanwood, WA, 360.629.1200, www.stanwood.wednet.edu
- Served as school district spokesperson and media liaison.
- Worked closely with superintendent, school board, administrators, staff, parents, and community members to develop effective district communications tools.
- Wrote and designed district communications, including presentations, newsletters, videos, election information, annual performance reports, websites, and press releases.
- Developed Key Communicator Network comprised of 55 influential community members dedicated to improving the two-way dialogue between the community and district
Master of Communication in Digital Media
University of Washington | Graduated June 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Pacific Lutheran University | Graduated May 2007
Public Relations/Advertising Emphasis, Minor in Business/Marketing
PLU MediaLab Public Relations Manager
- PLU Social Media Continuing Education Instructor (January 2016)
- Snowdrift Cider Co. Seattle-area sales representative (June 2013 – December 2015)
- PLU Seattle Alumni board member (March 2013 – May 2014)
- University of Washington MCDM Scholarship planning committee (January 2012 – May 2012)
- City of Stanwood Chamber of Commerce board member (January – August 2009)
AWARDS & HONORS
- Good Reception Award, KCTS Television, 2011
- Award of Excellence for External Newsletter, Washington School Public Relations Association, 2009
- Public Relations Student of the Year, Pacific Lutheran University, 2007
- Pacific Lutheran University Dean’s List, 2004, 2006-2007
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut
- DSLR Photography/Videography/Audio
- Drupal CMS
- WordPress CMS
- Sharepoint CMS